In getting ready to take on your high school equivalency (HSE) exam, you may have come across the tip to, “Read for the test.” But what does that mean? Here’s our list of proven tips to better “read for” your GED, HiSET, or TASC exam.
Test Ready Reading
- Read the directions! Resist the urge to skim or scam this vital part of the test. Read carefully and know exactly what you are being asked to do or find.
- Try reading the questions before jumping into a passage. This will put your brain on alert for what you need to look for.
- Read the text or examine the graphic carefully. Look for the relevant information to answer the questions.
- Evaluate the answer choices. Find the one that best reflects what you read about in the text or data.
- If you’re not sure, go back and check. Confirm your answer choice by finding proof in the test itself.
Remember: The test-makers are not trying to trick you! The key is to use the information given in the test directions, reading passages, data, and questions to make your best answer choice.